wait, what the heck is a web platform?
In case you don’t know what a web platform is or why you need one, let’s start by covering the basics.
A web platform is essentially the foundation of your website. A web platform will have the files, tools and extensions you need to build and launch your website. It’s important to consider your needs and research your options to make the best decision for your business.
When deciding which website platform is best for your website, keep in mind that the decision has more to do with you and your business than what is perceived as ‘the best platform’. In truth, the best platform is the best one for YOU. Your business is unique and so are its needs.
IMPORTANT QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE CHOOSING A WEB PLATFORM:
- Is your website going to sell products?
- What functions are you looking for?
- Do you need something out of the box and ready to go or do you want to customize and need special functionality?
- How much customization do you need?
- Are you comfortable with HTML/CSS or hiring someone who is?
- How much money are you willing to invest in your website?